Back Issue Embellish #11
Price includes 1 Magazine, Postage and Handling.
Embellish magazine aims to fuse fashion, fantasy and art into everyday items, gifts and homewares. You will find in each issue a mix of techniques and articles as well as ideas and inspirational stories. Expect to see a range of projects including dye processes; fabric manipulation; knit and/or crochet embellished finishes; couture techniques; hand embellishing; machine embellishing; prints; custom designs; repurposed textiles and projects related to textile applications that incorporate fabric, yarn, felt and/or fibre.
The cover shown here is issue 11, out in newsagents, craft stores and Guilds from September 14, 2012 until December 1, 2012.
All prices include Postage, Handling and GST.
In this issue we have an article by Waltraud Reiner on Why and Where to Wear Hats; a Postcard from Bhutan; a profile on Effie Mitrofanis; and the "how to" instructions for the Winning Bag and runner up Race Hat, both of which were entered into the Ashford Extra Wide Drum Carder Competition.
Projects in this issue include:
- Adding Texture to Open Weave Plant Dyed Fabrics by Mae Eastman
- Sculptural Shibori by Cathy Moon
- Velvet Shoe Decorations by Penny Eamer
- Complex Cloth: Velvet by Michelle Moriarty
- Hair Flair by Sarah Bird
- The Hurried Hat by Michelle Moriarty
- Tumble Dyes by Susan Pietsch
- Ailsa Vintage Coat Jumper by ACS
- Text and the Embellisher by Dale Rollerson
Plus emerging and established artist profiles, Embellish Explanations, Book Reviews, articles and more...