Embellish magazine aims to fuse fashion, fantasy and art into everyday items, gifts and homewares. You will find in each issue a mix of techniques and articles as well as ideas and inspirational stories. Expect to see a range of projects including dye processes; fabric manipulation; knit and/or crochet embellished finishes; couture techniques; hand embellishing; machine embellishing; prints; custom designs; repurposed textiles and projects related to textile applications that incorporate fabric, yarn, felt and/or fibre.
The cover shown here is issue 13, out in newsagents, craft stores and Guilds from March 7, 2013 until June 1, 2013. Subscriptions will start with the next issue in June 2013, unless you request to start with the current issue in the comments box at checkout.
In this issue we have an article on Sea Wasp by Heather Walker; Alpaca & what Nature is Dyeing to Share by Jen Frederick; A Sweet Collaboration (plus a silk painting technique) by Maude Bath & Liz Wauchope; and The Chop Shop.
Projects in this issue include:
- Creating Leaf Prints by Kylie Tizard
- Embellish with Stitches #1 (box lid insert) by Lynda Worthington
- Te-kumo Shibori Wrap Skirts by Liz Gemmell
- Complex Cloth: Indigo by Kirsten Ingemar
- Wire & Feather Earrings by Robin Darke
- Barnacle Throw (machine embellished) by Sara Lechner
- Little Black Dress (encaustic) by Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch
- A Tip of the Hat (sinamay hat making) by Waltraud Reiner
- Girls Vintage Knit Angela Dress by ACS
- Hot Sheets by Dale Rollerson
Plus emerging and established artist profiles, Embellish Explanations, Book Reviews, articles and more...