Embellish magazine aims to fuse fashion, fantasy and art into everyday items, gifts and homewares. You will find in each issue a mix of techniques and articles as well as ideas and inspirational stories. Expect to see a range of projects including dye processes; fabric manipulation; knit and/or crochet embellished finishes; couture techniques; hand embellishing; machine embellishing; prints; custom designs; repurposed textiles and projects related to textile applications that incorporate fabric, yarn, felt and/or fibre.
The cover shown here is issue 14, out in newsagents, craft stores and Guilds from June 7, 2013 until September 1, 2013. Subscriptions will start with the next issue in September 2013, unless you request to start with the current issue in the comments box at checkout.
In this issue we have an article on Stitch Through Time by Barbara Mullen; Darling Downs Textile Art Group by Jan Scudamore; Namda Felt Rugs by Chitra Balasubramaniam; A Challenging Exhibition by Jenny Wilson; Opendrawer by Prue Barridge & Robyn Steel-Stickland; Boro: Living Shabbily & Beautifully by John Pryke; and The Chop Shop.
Projects in this issue include:
- Embellish with Stitches #2 (Fun Flower Brooch)by Lynda Worthington
- Improvisational Screen Printing with Talcum Powder by Marie-Therese Wisniowski
- Patches (with the embellisher) by Dale Rollerson
- Paper Craft Ear Art by Helen Coppock
- Denim Delights (2 bags) by Penny Eamer
- Tuscan Hills Landscape by Saskia Baur-Schmid
- Vintage-Inspired Felt Headband by Waltraud Reiner
- Dyeing with Puffballs by Kylie Tizard
- Spiral Magic (multi-purpose hat) by Penny Eamer
Plus emerging and established artist profiles, Embellish Explanations, Book Reviews, articles and more...