Embellish magazine aims to fuse fashion, fantasy and art into everyday items, gifts and homewares. You will find in each issue a mix of techniques and articles as well as ideas and inspirational stories. Expect to see a range of projects including dye processes; fabric manipulation; knit and/or crochet embellished finishes; couture techniques; hand embellishing; machine embellishing; prints; custom designs; repurposed textiles and projects related to textile applications that incorporate fabric, yarn, felt and/or fibre.
The cover shown here is issue 15, out in newsagents, craft stores and Guilds from September 7, 2013 until December 1, 2013. Subscriptions will start with the next issue in December 2013, unless you request to start with the current issue in the comments box at checkout.
All prices are plus Postage, but include Handling and GST.
In this issue we have an article on Seeking Collaboration by Sonam Sapra; Touched and Felt by Meggan Jack; Australian Cotton Fibre Expo by Karen Richards; Beautiful Silks by Marion Herr-Gorr; Keeping Traditional Skills Alive by Christine Pearson; Grampians Texture by Marion Matthews; and The Chop Shop.
Projects in this issue include:
- Embellish with Stitches #3 (Button Necklace) by Lynda Worthington
- Complex Cloth: Sugar Syrup Solution (Part 1) by EvaMaria Steinkamp
- Beautiful Buttons by Helen Coppock
- Doily Bag by Penny Eamer
- Leopard Print Kimono Top by Heather Walker
- Flower Power: flower stitcher foot by Dale Rollerson
- Cloche Hat from a blank by Waltraud Reiner
- Rust: is it a natural dye by Kylie Tizard
Plus emerging and established artist profiles, Embellish Explanations, Book Reviews, articles and more...