Embellish magazine aims to fuse fashion, fantasy and art into everyday items, gifts and homewares. You will find in each issue a mix of techniques and articles as well as ideas and inspirational stories. Expect to see a range of projects including dye processes; fabric manipulation; knit and/or crochet embellished finishes; couture techniques; hand embellishing; machine embellishing; prints; custom designs; repurposed textiles and projects related to textile applications that incorporate fabric, yarn, felt and/or fibre.
The cover shown here is issue 16, out in newsagents, craft stores and Guilds from mid December, 2013 until March 1, 2014. Subscriptions will start with the next issue in March 2014, unless you request to start with the current issue in the comments box at checkout.
All prices are plus Postage, but include Handling and GST.
In this issue we have an article on The Magic of Madder by Carole Douglas; Silk Wholesalers by Carol Smith Kidd; Military Maneouvres by Denise Rall; Interview: Hand Stitched Quilts by Marianne Burr; and The Chop Shop.
Projects in this issue include:
- Embellish with Stitches #4 (Vintage Aprons) by Lynda Worthington
- Complex Cloth: Sugar Syrup (Part 2) by EvaMaria Steinkamp
- Hot Stuff: Thermoplastic Headwear by Waltraud Reiner
- Machine Embellished Bags by Penny Eamer
- Encaustic: Rust + Wax + Tar by Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch
- Embellished Silk Dress by Heather Walker
- Hand & Machine Embellished Peony by Jenny Occleshaw
- Lutrador by Dale Rollerson
- Lutrador Lace by Susan Pietsch
- School Holiday Dye Experiments by Kylie Tizard
Plus emerging and established artist profiles, Embellish Explanations, Book Reviews, articles and more...