Embellish magazine aims to fuse fashion, fantasy and art into everyday items, gifts and homewares. You will find in each issue a mix of techniques and articles as well as ideas and inspirational stories. Expect to see a range of projects including dye processes; fabric manipulation; knit and/or crochet embellished finishes; couture techniques; hand embellishing; machine embellishing; prints; custom designs; repurposed textiles and projects related to textile applications that incorporate fabric, yarn, felt and/or fibre.
The cover shown here is issue 20, out in newsagents, craft stores and Guilds from mid December, 2014 until March 1, 2015. Subscriptions will start with the next issue in March 2015, unless you request to start with the current issue in the comments box at checkout.
All prices are plus Postage, but include Handling and GST.
In this issue we have an Interview With Sally Darlison by Sally Darlison/Lynda Worthington; Tangled Threads by The Embroiderers Guild, VIC; Alison Cole: Profile by Alison Cole/Lynda Worthington; Grampians Brushes and Texture by Marion Matthews; The Elegance of Japanese Embroidery by Rie Natalenko; Zen Postcard Swap by Lynda Worthington; Treetops Colour Harmonies by Nancy Ballesteros; The Irony of Black by Carole Douglas.
Projects in this issue include:
- Embellish with Stitches #8: Hitomezashi by Lynda Worthington
- Japanese Inspired FOSSHAPE® Vessel by Waltraud Reiner
- Japanese Silk Embroidery by Julie Bowd
- Cherry Tree Mixed Media by Neroli Henderson
- Silk Painting Disaster? All is not lost... by Sylvia Riley
- ScanNCut Winners Project: Wall Hanging by Pamela Bristow
- Owl Fold (Book Extract: Orizomegami) by Kristin Lawson
- Creating Sculptural Artwork by Judith Brown
- A Japanese Theme by Dale Rollerson
- Mottainai by Lisa Walton
- Painting on Silk by Kim Michelle Toft
Plus emerging and established artist profiles, Embellish Explanations, Book Reviews, articles and more...