Embellish magazine aims to fuse fashion, fantasy and art into everyday items, gifts and homewares. You will find in each issue a mix of techniques and articles as well as ideas and inspirational stories. Expect to see a range of projects including dye processes; fabric manipulation; knit and/or crochet embellished finishes; couture techniques; hand embellishing; machine embellishing; prints; custom designs; repurposed textiles and projects related to textile applications that incorporate fabric, yarn, felt and/or fibre.
The cover shown here is issue 23, out in newsagents, craft stores and Guilds from mid September, 2015 until December 1, 2015. Subscriptions will start with the next issue in December 2015, unless you request to start with the current issue via email.
In this issue we have an Artist Profile: Maureen Locke-Maclean by Maureen Locke-Maclean; Shop Profile: The Thread Studio by Dale Rollerson; The Making of “The Fallen” by Neroli Henderson; Blending With Stitch by Penny Eamer; Beaches by Dale Rollerson; Joy Harvey: Contemporary Reverse Appliqué by Liz Wauchope; Reader Postcard Challenge by Lynda Worthington.
Projects in this issue include:
- Cricula Brooch by Lynda Worthington
- 12 Relentless Waves by Alison Holt
- Waves and Movement by Waltraud Reiner
- Seashells by Diane Nunez
- Reversible Sashiko Knot Bag by Jennifer Daniels
- Sam Snail by Jenny Occleshaw
- Tribal Inspired (Hold All) Bag by Barbara Mullan
- Prawns in a Net by Maureen Locke-Maclean
- Joy Harvey’s Small Flower Picture byLiz Wauchope
Plus emerging and established artist profiles, Embellish Explanations, Book Reviews, articles and more...