Back Issue Embellish #3
Price includes 1 Magazine, Postage and Handling.
Embellish magazine aims to fuse fashion, fantasy and art into everyday items, gifts and homewares. You will find in each issue a mix of techniques and articles as well as ideas and inspirational stories. Expect to see a range of projects including dye processes; fabric manipulation; knit and/or crochet embellished finishes; couture techniques; hand embellishing; machine embellishing; prints; custom designs; repurposed textiles and projects related to textile applications that incorporate fabric, yarn, felt and/or fibre.
In this issue we take a look at rusting powder with Dale Rollerson; the Pantone colour of the year with Anette Eriksson and Art To Wear 2010. We also do some armchair travel to Turkey, with a Postcard from Turkey and an article on Oya by Frances Ergen. We profile shibori artist Amy Nguyen and also get a glimpse into a migrants journey and arrival in Australia in 1950, thanks to Helen Stumkat.
Projects in this issue include:
- Natural Solar Dyes by Michelle Moriarty
- Itajime Shibori by Liz Gemmell
- Embroidered Roses by Yvette Stanton
- Computer printing in the creation of Complex Cloth
- 3D Beetle by Penny Eamer (same process as the frog, issue #2 cover)
- How to make and embellish a Shrug by Anne van de Kley
- Tree of Life felted tote by Diane Leftwich
- Converting a scarf into a hat by Joanne Rolfe
- Texturising with Embellish Machines by Sam Pope
Plus our regular features such as Book Reviews, Artist Profile, Embellish Explanations, Postcard and more...