Embellish magazine aims to fuse fashion, fantasy and art into everyday items, gifts and homewares. You will find in each issue a mix of techniques and articles as well as ideas and inspirational stories. Expect to see a range of projects including dye processes; fabric manipulation; knit and/or crochet embellished finishes; couture techniques; hand embellishing; machine embellishing; prints; custom designs; repurposed textiles and projects related to textile applications that incorporate fabric, yarn, felt and/or fibre.
The cover shown here is issue 4.
All prices include Postage, Handling and GST.
In this issue we take a look at garment repurposing, eco designs with Charlene O'Brien, an interview with Louisa Harding, moonglow sprays and much more. In our travel section we give you a pictorial overview of textiles in Morocco, followed by an article on natural dyes. We also learn about Estonian artificers and get a rare glimpse into a workshop with Yoshiko Wada.
Projects in this issue include:
- Natural Plant Dyes & Simple Shibori Techniques by Michelle Moriarty
- 3D Shibori on Polyester Fabric by Liz Gemmell
- Adding Embroidered Lace Edging by Yvette Stanton
- Gelatin Print Plates in the creation of Complex Cloth by Linda Germain
- Positive & Negative Block Prints (how to make them) by Diane Groenwegen
- Shorts Makeover by Anne van de Kley
- Fabulous Fringes & Embellished Edgings by Linda Stokes
- Clay Buttons & Bling by Susan Pietsch
- Machine Embellishers - On the Flip Side by Sam Pope
- Knitted & Fulled Footie Socks for Small Feet by Christine Sloan
Plus emerging and established artist profiles, Embellish Explanations, Book Reviews, What's Hot trend watch and more...