Embellish magazine aims to fuse fashion, fantasy and art into everyday items, gifts and homewares. You will find in each issue a mix of techniques and articles as well as ideas and inspirational stories. Expect to see a range of projects including dye processes; fabric manipulation; knit and/or crochet embellished finishes; couture techniques; hand embellishing; machine embellishing; prints; custom designs; repurposed textiles and projects related to textile applications that incorporate fabric, yarn, felt and/or fibre.
The cover shown here is issue 6.
All prices include Postage, Handling and GST.
In this issue we take a look at the Nakshi Kantha design quilts of Bangla (as well as explaining the stitch techniques and motifs); Vanishing Fabrics with Dale Rollerson; garment repurposing; why Tea Cozy competitions are so popular; an interview with Jenny Dowde; a Postcard from Uzbekistan and much more.
Projects in this issue include:
- Plant Dyes: Pansies and onions by Asa Wahlquist
- 3D Red Eyed Tree Frog by Penny Eamer
- In pursuit of Complex Cloth: Low Relief Screen Printing by Marie-Therese Wisniowski
- Shibori meets Orizomegami plus how to make 3 garments from scratch by Michelle Moriarty
- Texture Magic Skirt by Samantha Pope
- Beaded Cardigan border by Yvette Stanton
- DIY bleach pens by Susan Pietsch
- Machine Embellishers part 4 by Samantha Pope
- Reflections Wrap by Michelle Moriarty
Plus emerging and established artist profiles, Embellish Explanations, Book Reviews, What's Hot trend watch and more...