Embellish magazine aims to fuse fashion, fantasy and art into everyday items, gifts and homewares. You will find in each issue a mix of techniques and articles as well as ideas and inspirational stories. Expect to see a range of projects including dye processes; fabric manipulation; knit and/or crochet embellished finishes; couture techniques; hand embellishing; machine embellishing; prints; custom designs; repurposed textiles and projects related to textile applications that incorporate fabric, yarn, felt and/or fibre.
The cover shown here is issue 17, out in newsagents, craft stores and Guilds from mid March, 2014 until June 1, 2014. Subscriptions will start with the next issue in June 2014, unless you request to start with the current issue in the comments box at checkout.
All prices are plus Postage, but include Handling and GST.
In this issue we have an article on Mudcloth by Judy A. Dominic; Textile Artist Insight by Kirry Toose; Intuitive Indigo by Carole Douglas; Thermoplastics by Waltraud Reiner; Art on Legs by Jen Newton; Altered Cloth by Hilary Peterson; Silksational by Sylvia Riley;and The Chop Shop.
Projects in this issue include:
- Embellish with Stitches #5 (Embroidered Cuff) by Lynda Worthington
- Stencils for Surface Design by Linda Germain
- Ombre Ribbons for Autumn by Waltraud Reiner
- Sandy Pin Cushion (Canvas work) by Jennifer Daniels
- The Journal of Travel Ephemera by Susan Pietsch
- Ice Flower Dyeing by Kylie Tizard
- The Golden Pear by Jenny Occleshaw
- Stumpwork Butterflies & Moths Book Extract by Jane Nicholas
- Beth’s Collar by Dale Rollerson
- Autumn Bag (embellished felt) by Gillian Chapman
Plus emerging and established artist profiles, Embellish Explanations, Book Reviews, articles and more...