Embellish magazine aims to fuse fashion, fantasy and art into everyday items, gifts and homewares. You will find in each issue a mix of techniques and articles as well as ideas and inspirational stories. Expect to see a range of projects including dye processes; fabric manipulation; knit and/or crochet embellished finishes; couture techniques; hand embellishing; machine embellishing; prints; custom designs; repurposed textiles and projects related to textile applications that incorporate fabric, yarn, felt and/or fibre.
The cover shown here is issue 19, out in newsagents, craft stores and Guilds from mid September, 2014 until December 1, 2014. Subscriptions will start with the next issue in December 2014, unless you request to start with the current issue in the comments box at checkout.
All prices are plus Postage, but include Handling and GST.
In this issue we have an Interview With Kim Toft by The Embellish Team; Put Your Best Foot Forward by Shelagh Amor; Quilts Around the World: A Blog Group by Neroli Henderson; The Making of a Drama Queen by Erica Aptroot; Working With Silk by Rie Natalenko; Provenance by Amanda Stewart; The Miracle of Marigolds by Carole Douglas and The Chop Shop.
Projects in this issue include:
- Embellish with Stitches #7 (Take a plain shirt) by Lynda Worthington
- Floral Bangle by Penny Eamer
- Faux Shibori Cotton Dress by Heather Walker
- Thermo Felt Flowers by Waltraud Reiner
- Blackwork Needlecase by Jennifer Daniels
- Sozni Embroidery by Chitra Balasubramaniam
- Paper Magiclay by Susan Pietsch
- Re-invigorating Creativity by Wendy Knight
- Binding (Shibori) by Sylvia Riley
- Solar Dyeing by Kylie Tizard
- Raising the Surface by Dale Rollerson
- Needle Felted Art Book Cover by Samantha Pope
Plus emerging and established artist profiles, Embellish Explanations, Book Reviews, articles and more...