Embellish magazine aims to fuse fashion, fantasy and art into everyday items, gifts and homewares. You will find in each issue a mix of techniques and articles as well as ideas and inspirational stories. Expect to see a range of projects including dye processes; fabric manipulation; knit and/or crochet embellished finishes; couture techniques; hand embellishing; machine embellishing; prints; custom designs; repurposed textiles and projects related to textile applications that incorporate fabric, yarn, felt and/or fibre.
The cover shown here is issue 24, out in newsagents, craft stores and Guilds from early December, 2015 until March 1, 2016. Subscriptions will start with the next issue in March 2016, unless you request to start with the current issue via email.
In this issue we have an Artist Profile: Maximo Laura by Sasha McInnes; Reader Postcard Challenge by Lynda Worthington; Artist Profile: Bev Bills by Liz Wauchope; Shop Profile: Fibreworks by Gill Venn.
Projects in this issue include:
- Drawing with Thread by Rebekah Dundon
- Easy South American Wall Hanging by Penny Eamer
- The Hybrid Macaw by Dale Rollerson
- South American by Inspired Head Piece by Waltraud Reiner
- Oliver Owl by Jenny Occleshaw
- Fold Dyed, Embellished Bag by Penny Eamer
- Pin Weaving by Lynda Worthington
- Rock Pool Necklace by Penny Eamer
- Embroider a Toucan by Chris Beehag
- Beaded Desk Caddie by Rhonda Justus
- Tapestry Weaving Project: Bev Bills by Liz Wauchope
Plus emerging and established artist profiles, Embellish Explanations, Book Reviews, articles and more...