Embellish magazine aims to fuse fashion, fantasy and art into everyday items, gifts and homewares. You will find in each issue a mix of techniques and articles as well as ideas and inspirational stories. Expect to see a range of projects including dye processes; fabric manipulation; knit and/or crochet embellished finishes; couture techniques; hand embellishing; machine embellishing; prints; custom designs; repurposed textiles and projects related to textile applications that incorporate fabric, yarn, felt and/or fibre.
The cover shown here is issue 25, out in newsagents, craft stores and Guilds from early March, 2016 until June 1, 2016. Subscriptions will start with the next issue in June 2016, unless you request to start with the current issue via email.
In this issue we have an Artist Profile: Penny Eamer by Penny Eamer; Textures: A Photo Essay by Penny Eamer; Artist Profile: Helen Moon by Liz Wauchope; Reader Postcard Challenge by Lynda Worthington; Shop Profile: Batik Oetoro by Lynne Britten.
Projects in this issue include:
- From Rust to Woodland by Susan Hotchkis
- Moss Covered Bark by Lynda Worthington
- Bert the Bunny by Jenny Occleshaw
- Feather Headpiece by Waltraud Reiner
- Helen Moon Silk Painted Clothing Collage by Liz Wauchope
- The Boab Tree - A Kimberly Icon by Dale Rollerson
- Autumn Leaves by Caroline Sharkey
- Bird on Branch: Using Batik Techniques by Carolyn Doe
- Autumn Leaves Necklace by Penny Eamer
- Notebooks from the Forest Floor by Mahdi Chandler
Plus emerging and established artist profiles, Embellish Explanations, Book Reviews, articles and more...