Embellish magazine aims to fuse fashion, fantasy and art into everyday items, gifts and homewares. You will find in each issue a mix of techniques and articles as well as ideas and inspirational stories. Expect to see a range of projects including dye processes; fabric manipulation; knit and/or crochet embellished finishes; couture techniques; hand embellishing; machine embellishing; prints; custom designs; repurposed textiles and projects related to textile applications that incorporate fabric, yarn, felt and/or fibre.
The cover shown here is issue 26, out in newsagents, craft stores and Guilds from early June, 2016 until September 1, 2016. Subscriptions will start with the next issue in September 2016, unless you request to start with the current issue via email.
In this issue we have an Artist Profile: Sue Wademan by Sue Wademan; Cre8 by Crea8; The T’Arts Collective by Liz Wauchope; Reader Postcard Challenge by Lynda Worthington; Shop Profile: Earth Palette by Jane Vandenbroek.
Projects in this issue include:
- Paua Shell Textile Art by Neroli Henderson
- Pacific Ocean Goddess Doll by Ronnie Martin
- White Hat by Waltraud Reiner
- The Pōhutukawa Tree by Dale Rollerson
- Devoré or Burnout by Liz Wauchope
- Kowhaiwhai and Paua Shell Inspired by Sandra Hall
- Chameleon Brooch by Jenny Occleshaw
- Moeraki by Catherine McDonald
- Our Silver Fern: A Journal Cover by Andrea Taylor
- Mount Cook Lily by Penny Eamer
- Tīeke Imagined by Charlotte Scott
Plus emerging and established artist profiles, Embellish Explanations, Book Reviews, articles and more...