Embellish magazine aims to fuse fashion, fantasy and art into everyday items, gifts and homewares. You will find in each issue a mix of techniques and articles as well as ideas and inspirational stories. Expect to see a range of projects including dye processes; fabric manipulation; knit and/or crochet embellished finishes; couture techniques; hand embellishing; machine embellishing; prints; custom designs; repurposed textiles and projects related to textile applications that incorporate fabric, yarn, felt and/or fibre.
The cover shown here is issue 28, out in newsagents, craft stores and Guilds from early December, 2016 until March 1, 2017. Subscriptions will start with the next issue in March 2017, unless you request to start with the current issue via email.
In this issue we have an Artist Profile: Sue Dennis by Sue Dennis; My Desert Experience by Caroline Sharkey; Artist Profile: Fiona Trueman by Liz Wauchope; Reader Postcard Challenge by Lynda Worthington; Patterns from the Outback by Penny Eamer; Shop Profile: ArtyBird Australia by Cheryl Cook; Interview with: Cate Ruth by Cate Ruth.
Projects in this issue include:
- Outback Nights by Lynda Worthington
- Colours of the Outback by Marilyn Townsend
- Emu and Chicks by Penny Eamer
- Beretbag by Barbara Mullan
- Eucalyptus-Dyed Table Runner by Tina Whiteley
- Pink Pebble Cuff by Penny Eamer
- Fiona Trueman: Quandong Print by Liz Wauchope
- Canberra: Meeting Place by Brenda Gael Smith
Plus emerging and established artist profiles, Embellish Explanations, Book Reviews, articles and more...