Embellish magazine aims to fuse fashion, fantasy and art into everyday items, gifts and homewares. You will find in each issue a mix of techniques and articles as well as ideas and inspirational stories. Expect to see a range of projects including dye processes; fabric manipulation; knit and/or crochet embellished finishes; couture techniques; hand embellishing; machine embellishing; prints; custom designs; repurposed textiles and projects related to textile applications that incorporate fabric, yarn, felt and/or fibre.
The cover shown here is issue 29, out in newsagents, craft stores and Guilds from early March, 2017 until June 1, 2017. Subscriptions will start with the next issue in June 2017, unless you request to start with the current issue via email.
In this issue we have an Artist Profile: Artist Profile: Carole Redlich by Carole Redlich; Artist Profile: Margaret Marsh by Liz Wauchope; Reader Postcard Challenge by Lynda Worthington; Our Wishes for the World: Exhibition by Sue Dennis; Shop Profile: knitalpaca by Lauris Jephcott; Inspiration from Under the Sea by Lynda Worthington.
Projects in this issue include:
- Mini Embroidery Hoop Brooch by Lynda Worthington
- One fish, two fish... by Sue Senewiratne
- An Octopus’s Garden by Ella Egan
- Weedy Seadragon by Penny Eamer
- Silk Paper Card Pouch by Margaret Marsh
- Fish Sculpture by Rhonda Justus
- Huacaya Alpaca RovingInfinity Scarf by Lynda Worthington
- Lidded Book Box: ‘Reef’ by Yvonne Walton
Plus emerging and established artist profiles, Embellish Explanations, Book Reviews, articles and more...